Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Location: Emeryville, California
Position Type: Permanent/Full Time
About the Company:
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for managing hygiene of the eyelids and lashes in the United States. The rapid sales growth of Avenova has improved NovaBay’s operating cash flow from a $20 million burn for 2015 to positive cash flow for the month of December 2016.
Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid, branded by NovaBay as Neutrox®. By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, Neutrox has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova with Neutrox removes debris from the skin on eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing Neutrox, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China.
In addition to our Neutrox family of products, we have also synthesized and developed a second category of novel compounds aimed at harnessing the power of white blood cell chemistry to address the global, topical anti-infective market. This second product category includes auriclosene, our lead clinical-stage Aganocide® compound, which is a patented, synthetic molecule with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Sr. Manager, Marketing. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; monitoring budget spends for trade shows; supporting the marketing team when developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; maintaining databases; process documents through regulatory and preparing reports. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving and communication skills, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast–paced environment to support our on-going success.
• Assists with daily operation of the marketing group, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow.
• Hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing logistics, including event production through booth scheduling and shipping, collateral coordination and premium ordering.
• Responsible for tracking all invoices and expenses against budget.
• Weekly reporting to marketing Manager regarding budget spends.
• Plans meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
• Responsible for managing inventory of in-house premiums and fulfillment of contest prizes.
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Time Management.
4. Technical Capacity.
5. Customer/Client Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Required Education and Experience
1. B.A. or B.S. degree.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience as a marketing coordinator for an advertising or PR agency or other large company with multiple concurrent projects.
For consideration, please submit your resume, along with salary requirements by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org