Job Title: Sales Representative
Location: Various States
Position Type: Exempt / Full time
About the Company:
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for managing hygiene of the eyelids and lashes in the United States. Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid called Neutrox®. By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, Neutrox has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova with Neutrox removes debris from the skin on eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing Neutrox, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China.
In addition to our Neutrox family of products, we have also synthesized and developed a second category of novel compounds aimed at harnessing the power of white blood cell chemistry to address the global, topical anti-infective market. This second product category includes auriclosene, our lead clinical-stage Aganocide® compound, which is a patented, synthetic molecule with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Summary of Role:
The sales representative will be responsible for professionally promoting and educating Ophthalmologists and Optometrists about Avenova with the goal of achieving sales growth in their respective territory.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Organization and Planning: Pre-call plan to effectively meet HCP needs. Plan and organize territory routing to drive sales results within assigned geography.
• Business Acumen and Analytics: Leverage all available data and customer knowledge to develop and maintain strong working relationships with prescribing Eye Care Professionals.
• Sales Results: Meet or exceed established program sales and market share targets within a given geographical territory targeting Eye Care Professionals (Ophthalmologists and Optometrists).
• Administration: Ensure that all required and assigned adhoc administrative tasks are completed promptly and accurately
• Regularly call on health care professionals (primary care physicians, clinics, hospitals and pharmacies) within a specific geographic area.
• Responsible to expand upon a base of established accounts building relationships with retailers with demonstrated experience in growing and closing sales.
• Calling on active accounts and developing new accounts, with a focus on building long term customer relationships and increasing sales revenue.
• Day-to-day responsibilities consist of supporting the promotional efforts behind NovaBay products, which includes organizing, tracking and distributing FDA regulated sample products to health care professionals.
• Sell portfolio of medical device products to new and existing customers.
• Develop and implement tactical sales plans for growing new business and expanding current business within territory.
• Maintain complete ownership over designated accounts within the territory.
• Work with other sales and marketing employees to enhance technical visibility and company image within all accounts.
• Establish and manage territory’s target list and forecast for prospective accounts.
• Build and maintain professional business relationships with physicians, nurses, and technicians.
• Conduct sales presentations to large and small groups and demonstrate use of the medical device product portfolio to prospective end-user.
• Provide in-servicing and clinical information to end users in and around the procedure rooms and surgical suites.
• Maintain a current and competent level of knowledge on the product line to be a reliable source of information to the health care professionals in the territory.
• Utilize a variety of selling skills and techniques to achieve minimum quota standards.
• Provide reports to management on activities, forecasts, sales and projects accurately and on time.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of competitive products and services.
Qualifications and Attributes:
• BS/BA Degree from a 4 yr. accredited college or university required
• 2-3 years of recent optometry/ophthalmology experience with a proven track record of sales success in given territory preferred.
• Experience selling prescription products in Ophthalmology or other specialty products a plus
• Successful sales career background with an ability to gain commitment and manage accounts and programs
• Experience in selling pharmaceutical products and/or medical devices preferable. Buy and Bill experience a plus
• Highly motivated and open to weekly overnight travel for territory business as well as district, regional and national meetings as required
• Must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of individual territory and physician targets within the territory
• Ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and computer software
• Must possess fortitude to sell and compete and be a self-starter
• Demonstrate a high energy approach to selling with an enthusiasm and passion that engages customers and peers.
Base salary plus commission, generous medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K plan, PTO, on-site gym, paid parking or commuter stipend, stock options plan (if eligible).
For consideration, please submit a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org