NovaBay is a biopharmaceutical company staffed by a team of hard-working individuals. We look for intelligent, motivated, and dedicated people, with a passion for science and the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment. NovaBay® offers competitive compensation based on experience and eligibility for bonus, including stock options.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic and challenging environment, please email your resume and a cover letter, with the position you are seeking indicated in the subject line, to Human Resources
Novabay is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
The Manager/Director for Business Development evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures to make recommendations for new projects to be used for strategic business decisions. He/She analyzes new market areas and provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementation of strategic business objectives He/she works with senior scientific staff to plan and evaluate projects by determining market opportunities, development of new industries, customers, territories, etc.; determining the project’s financial viability and planning a marketing strategy. He/She develops licensing objectives, policies and programs; initiates proposals, negotiations and presentations for the acquisition of licensing opportunities and technologies, as well as joint ventures and collaborative agreements in licensing opportunities. A business development manager is responsible for implementing an organization’s business development strategy, identifying new business opportunities, maintaining key relationships and negotiating and closing business deals. This position often has set financial targets that the manager/director must meet in order for the organization to meet its projected revenue generation.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals and building partner relationship.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Knowledge of the biotech and/or healthcare industries
- Bachelors degree
- MBA preferred, but not required
- 7-10 years work-related experience
- Proven revenue generation and sales experience.
- Excellent communications skills. self-motivation, outstanding ability to sell, strong writing and presentation skills, excellent negotiation, closing and follow-up skills, and market research
- Self-motivated with ability to work in an unstructured environment (strong operational mindset, decisive, with a “get it done” and “whatever it takes” mentality)
- Strong analytical skills (experience building, evaluating and clearly presenting complex business models is critical)
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence others without formal authority
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation, closing and follow-up skills, and market research
The position will require approximately 25% to 30% travel.
For consideration, please submit your resume, along with salary requirements by e-mail to: email@example.com