Job Title: District Manager, Sales
Location: Various States
Position Type: Exempt / Full time
About the Company:
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for managing hygiene of the eyelids and lashes in the United States. Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid called Neutrox®. By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, Neutrox has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova with Neutrox removes debris from the skin on eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing Neutrox, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China.
In addition to our Neutrox family of products, we have also synthesized and developed a second category of novel compounds aimed at harnessing the power of white blood cell chemistry to address the global, topical anti-infective market. This second product category includes auriclosene, our lead clinical-stage Aganocide® compound, which is a patented, synthetic molecule with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Summary of Role:
The District Manager (DM) develops, implements and monitors strategic plans for the district to deliver results and meet program objectives, based on contract specifications. First line manager to a team of Professional Sales Representatives (PSRs), responsible for managing various aspects of their employment (recruiting and hiring, on-the-job training and coaching, administrative, performance management and corrective action, employee development, etc.).
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Manages sales of medical device products.
• Achieves district sales objectives consistently.
• Helps Sales Representatives continue to develop for success in current role and for future growth through providing individual coaching.
• Development and execution of a District Sales Plan that aligns with the National Sales strategy.
• Hires, develops, and retains top talent.
• Manages the districts expenses and other administrative needs.
• Focuses relentlessly on customer excellence: Actively seeks to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships and delivering innovative solutions
• Works collaboratively across functional areas by serving as a resource within the sales by leveraging the own and others expertise.
• Develop and maintain Key Customer relationships with target audiences.
• Identify market opportunities and challenges and subsequently develop, plan, implement, and follow through with action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges within and through their team.
• Bachelor’s degree (any major) from an accredited college or university is required.
• Minimum 5 years of prior experience in a pharma sales role (at least 2 of which in a management role)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent people management/supervisory skills; strong ability to develop Sales Representatives and ability to lead and mentor the team.
• Strong Process facilitation, problem solving and analytical thinking abilities to make sound business decisions on a day to day basis.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
• Excellent selling/persuasion/presentation skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment, successfully complete projects and assignments.
• Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced environment.
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to recruit, retain and develop high performing sales talent; ability to manage turnover and vacancy process.
• Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude, working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Base salary plus commission, generous medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K plan, PTO, on-site gym, paid parking or commuter stipend, stock options plan (if eligible).
For consideration, please submit a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements by e-mail to: email@example.com