Job Title: Medical Device Customer Service/Inside Sales Rep
Location: Emeryville, California
Position Type: Non-exempt / Full Time
About the Company:
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for managing hygiene of the eyelids and lashes in the United States. Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid called Neutrox®. By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, Neutrox has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova with Neutrox removes debris from the skin on eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing Neutrox, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China.
In addition to our Neutrox family of products, we have also synthesized and developed a second category of novel compounds aimed at harnessing the power of white blood cell chemistry to address the global, topical anti-infective market. This second product category includes auriclosene, our lead clinical-stage Aganocide® compound, which is a patented, synthetic molecule with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
We currently have approximately 25 employees in our Emeryville corporate office and a nationwide salesforce of 50 people.
Summary of Role:
The Medical Device Customer Service Representative will become a significant contributor to the NovaBay Avenova commercial team. In this important role, you will be a critical member contributing to the expansion and recognition strategy for the Avenova brand. You will work as part of a winning and highly experienced team, assisting customers in both sales and support for our effective and differentiated new product.
Daily Job Responsibilities:
• Customer interactions:
o Customer In-House Sales: Responsible for contacting existing customer base in taking product orders and supporting other outside account needs.
o Contact Management: Respond to prospect and customer calls, emails, and faxes within company guidelines.
o Customer Relations: Resolve customer problems and investigate issues utilizing supervisors for resolution when necessary.
Customer Retention: Identify customer needs and provide solutions and recommendations.
o Customer Satisfaction: Liaison between the customer, outside sales, inside sales, accounting, warehouse and various other
• Data Entry: Processing web, phone, and email orders in an accurate and timely manner
• Account Maintenance: Ensure all required information is entered into each customer’s account in CRM. Information must be accurate and complete.
• Call Management: Manage out bound sales calls and inbound call received from the queue (including product inquiries, availability, and order processing) from new and existing customers.
• Trusted Key Member of our Sales Team: Focus on acquiring new customers as well as retaining and growing an existing installed base of customers.
• Leading Contributor to the Marketing of an Effective and Differentiated Product: Sell Avenova and provide related customer service via telephone or electronic means to customers in assigned territory or designated accounts. Responsible for the qualification and nurturing of sales leads which include both prospective and existing customers. Define the details specific to the sales opportunity and proactively capture and maintain this information in the CRM database. Responsible for prospecting, internet data mining, and follow up on leads from industry conferences and marketing campaigns.
• Owner of Inside Sales Targets: Close the sale on our new and exciting Avenova product. Contribute to and support the territory plan by establishing and maintaining relationships with partners. Roughly half (40-50%) of your day is spent performing outbound calls to qualify and follow up on sales leads, developing sales opportunities within an assigned territory prospects as well as follow-through on other creative methods for account entry and penetration.
• Significant Contributor into Sales Expansion: Provide service for Avenova via telephone or electronic means to customers and sales support by generating prospective customer lists through direct customer contact. Responsible for actively driving revenue by engaging in planned direct sales and service activities, including processing new sales leads, answering phone calls and handling customer issues and inquiries. Understand the value of nurturing customer relationships and be responsible for engaging with customers pre- and post-sales to ensure customer satisfaction and high retention.
• Develop Superior Technical Knowledge: Requires application of in-depth technical knowledge of our Avenova product, our systems and product related services. Critical contributor to weekly team meetings to share market feedback and product specific findings.
• Develop Superior Knowledge of Avenova Competitors: Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as the competitive posture of NovaBay, and prepares activity and forecast reports as requested.
• Leading Member of Customer Service/Inside Sales Team for Avenova: Represent NovaBay to the customer (doctors and patients) in all support-oriented activities for Avenova. Direct customers to NovaBay website or NovaBay resources for information. Participate in weekly meetings to share customer feedback on product and service initiatives.
• 2+ years of experience in customer service and direct phone sales support (biotech or medical device industry experience preferred).
• Responsible, reliable and eager to learn.
• Flexibility and a positive attitude with an exceptional eye for detail.
• Able and willing to consistently follow and manage detailed procedures.
• Ability to quickly understand Avenova and explain its advantages to diverse target audiences, including medical doctors.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Base salary plus commission, generous medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K plan, PTO, on-site gym, paid parking or commuter stipend, stock options plan (if eligible).
For consideration, please submit a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements by e-mail to: email@example.com