Job Title: Senior Revenue Accountant
Location: Emeryville, California
Position Type: Permanent/Full Time
About the Company:
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for managing hygiene of the eyelids and lashes in the United States. The rapid sales growth of Avenova has improved NovaBay’s operating cash flow from a $20 million burn for 2015 to positive cash flow for the month of December 2016.
Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid, branded by NovaBay as Neutrox®. By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, Neutrox has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova with Neutrox removes debris from the skin on eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing Neutrox, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China.
In addition to our Neutrox family of products, we have also synthesized and developed a second category of novel compounds aimed at harnessing the power of white blood cell chemistry to address the global, topical anti-infective market. This second product category includes auriclosene, our lead clinical-stage Aganocide® compound, which is a patented, synthetic molecule with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
The Senior Revenue Accountant reports to the Controller. This position is responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities, such as revenue accounting, billing and cash application, monthly / quarterly close and balance sheet account reconciliations. In addition, the role will be involved in SEC filings, including the 10Q / 10K processes, participate in SOX compliance for the general ledger area, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving and communication skills, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast–paced environment to support our on-going success.
• Execute monthly close activities and deliverables for the accounting and reporting of the company’s revenue (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics and reporting)
• Prepare billing and payment application, along with manage overdue receivables
• Evaluate process and system infrastructure, along with identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
• Determine impact and help implement any changes required for new revenue recognition standards
• Prepares for and participate in internal and external audits.
• Interacts with internal and external parties on finance and accounting related issues
• Provide weekly cash and receivables reporting for senior management
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
• Extensive knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP.
• Experience in performing technical revenue research. Experience researching Gross vs. Net, Sales Incentives, and Multiple Element Arrangements preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
• Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
• High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
• Experience with SAGE 100/MAS 90 or similar ERP is a plus.
• At least 4 solid years of cumulative relevant experience (accounting operations and/or audit).
• Must have a degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
For consideration, please submit your resume, along with salary requirements by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org